Democratic Woman’s Club of San Diego County March 19, 2018 Meeting, Elijah’s Restaurant
President Susan Peinado opened the meeting at 7pm.
Guests and Candidates (not seeking endorsement tonight):
- Doug Case – representing State Senator Toni Atkins
- Judy Ki – animal cruelty petition
- Jeff Griffith – candidate for CA State Senate District 38
- Kate Bishop – candidate for Chula Vista School Board District 5
- Victor Torres – candidate for Superior Court Judge
- Matt Brower – candidate for Superior Court Judge
- Katie Meyer – representing Ammar Campa Najjar, candidate for CA Congressional Dist. 50
- Volunteer for Delaine Easton – candidate for Governor
- Leticia Cazares – candidate for Southwestern Community College Board
- Dominic Nguyen – representing Dave Myers, candidate for Sheriff
- Michelle Gomez – candidate for County Board of Supervisors District 5
- Jennifer Campbell – candidate for San Diego City Council District 3
- Sara Jacobs – candidate for US Congressional District 49
- Marggie Castellano – candidate for State Senate District 36
- Mark Bartlett – candidate for Chula Vista City Council District 1
Announcement and confirmation of Club GoTeam Representative to the County Party – Alyce Pipkin-Allen
Emiliana Sparaco, Organizer, SEIU Local 221: Full Voter Participation Initiative. Petitions distributed to club members.
Endorsements: Run by Dr. Doreen Mattingly – candidates must get 60% of the vote to be endorsed.
Friendly Incumbent Endorsements
- Kevin Beiser: San Diego Unified District B – Endorsed
- Scott Peters: 52nd Congressional District – Endorsed (Proxy: Codi Vierra)
- Nora Vargas: Southwestern Community College Board, Seat 2 – Endorsed
75th Assembly District
- Alan Geraci – Endorsed
San Diego Community College District E
- Sean Elo – Endorsed
- Rafael Perez
San Diego City Council District 6
- Tommy Hough
- Fayaz Nawabi – Endorsed
- Matt Valenti
- Robert’s Rules reminder
- The agenda was approved with a unanimous voice vote
- Roosevelt Dinner, April 7, 2018, second club table purchased.
- Oren Robinson provided details (Ramla Sahid, Michelle Krug to be honored).
Becca Miller,VP Internal: Club donation basket items for Roosevelt Dinner.
Kris Harvey: Turnover in current administration. (Handout)
Rosamond Blevins: Treasurer’s Report – over new credit union account
Meeting adjourned at 9:05pm
Notes: Cathie Hyatt
Photos: John Loughlin