In our recent membership survey our members expressed a wish for more social time at out meetings. So, we are suggesting you come around 6PM, if possible, for an informal chance to interact with the club officers and other members. The formal meeting will start at 7PM.
- We will honor Women’s History Month with our club officers having a conversation with membership about their stories and journey into politics. We will also briefly discuss the history of this Club, founded July 2014. Clubmember Anne Hoiberg will talk to us about the history of the prior San Diego Democratic Women’s Club.
- Merrin Muxlow, Board member of the OB People’s Co-op, will talk to us about the Food Co-op and how she became politicized.
- We will also have representatives speaking to us from San Diego Neighborhoods for Clean Elections. Click here for more information.
eMeeting is at Elijah’s Restaurant, 7061 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, San Diego, CA 92111
Order dinner or a drink to sustain you, and the restaurant!
MTS routes 44, 60
You might also be interested in…
- This Sunday, March 10, 10AM-1PM, is the San Diego March for Black Women. Here is the link to the Facebook page.
- Members of the Woman’s Club will meet up at the intersection of Logan & Euclid (92114) at 9:45AM.
- The organizers suggested we park at Lincoln High School, 4777 Imperial Ave, which is the endpoint. Carpooling is recommended.
- Additionally, the organizers have asked that we not wear t-shirts or bring banners from our organizations, causes or campaigns. They have their own messages. This march is about centering Black Women and Black Girls, passing the mic and giving folks who don’t normally have a platform to speak, the opportunity to do so.
- Kimberly Ellis, who is running for Chair of the California State Democratic Party, will be in town 11am-1pm, Sunday, March 17, at Elijah’s. This is the day before our meeting. The purpose is for Kimberly to get to know members and delegates — before the vote at the Convention, May 31-June 2, in San Francisco.
- The Annual Roosevelt Dinner is May 11, 2019, at Hilton Bayfront. Reservations here
- The County Party has asked the Clubs to put together a basket of goodies (worth around $100) for the silent auction at the Roosevelt Dinner. Please let us know if you have ideas or items that we might be able to use. If you have a basket that you want to get rid of, bring it to the next meeting.