Zoom Meeting. Monday, August 17 available on our YouTube channel.
Meeting was called to order at 6:30PM by Susan Peinado, President.
Agenda approved (M: Samm Hurst)
- Welcome and thank you to everyone who joined the meeting despite the timing clash with the DNC Convention (Watch Michelle Obama’s Full Speech At The 2020 DNC)
- DWC-SD Club Officers and introductions
- Recognition of officers of other clubs
US Census representatives, Alexandra Meza and Isabel Lemus presented urgent and comprehensive information on Census 2020.
Why Is the U.S. Census So Important? (PRB)
- Money to States and Localities
- Emergency Response
- A Base for Federal Surveys
Each undercount will deny San Diego $2k per person, per year for 10 years.
Watch the presentation here.
Kenya Taylor, Board of Supervisors 101, everything you ever wanted to know about the County Board of Supervisors.
Club Vice President Dr. Rebecca Fielding Miller
- COVID-19 update and discussion of the importance of poop testing in schools
- Q & A
Endorsement & Resolution
Endorsement consideration of Samm Hurst, Santee City Council, District 4. Members spoke in favor and voted to endorse.
Ellen Nash, BAPACSD, request for DWC support of Proposition 16. Members voted to support.
Yvonne Elkin Chair Endorsement Committee, update on this cycle’s endorsements and recognition of the Endorsement Committee.
- Ellen Nash – BAPACSD is hosting a County Board of Supervisors’ Forum on Saturday, August 22 at 12PM. https://www.bapacsd.org/meetings
- Shane Parmely – Hotels for Homeless Kids Now. Tell Councilmember Chris Ward and the County Supervisors our kids should be sleeping between sheets, not on the streets.
From the Chat
- Dr LaWana Richmond, Sunday Aug 23, 2:30-3:30PM Self Care Sunday Sound Bath
- Sarah Davis Truckload of Tampons – Period Supplies Drive and virtual phone banking
- Jack Shu, candidate for La Mesa City Council
- Dr. LaWana Richmond, Our Endorsed candidate for SD Unified School Board District E
- Cheryl Robertson, candidate for Lemon Grove School Board
- Sarah Davis, Our Rated Acceptable candidate for State Assembly District 78
- Nadia Kean-Ayub, candidate for Otay Water District
- Vicki Grove, candidate for Palomar Health Board of Directors
- Sean Elo, candidate for San Diego City Council District 9
- Rob Howard, candidate for Mayor of Oceanside
Meeting adjourned 8:35PM
Dance Party – Keb’Mo and Roseanne Cash- Put a Woman in Charge
Next regular meeting – Monday, September 21, 2020
Notes by Cathie Hyatt, Secretary