New Meeting Start Time
We are moving the meeting time to start promptly at 6:30 PM.
Social time will be from 6:00PM to 6:30PM.
Because our agenda is completely full, we will not be able to give candidates (not on the agenda) time at the beginning of the meeting, as we usually do, to address our members but we may have time at the end of the meeting. We encourage candidates to come to the Social Time so that they may talk directly to club members before the meeting starts.
Chaired by Yvonne Elkin, Endorsement Committee Chair
We will attempt to endorse in the following races:
- San Diego City Council District 1 – Aaron Brennan, Joe LaCava, Will Moore, Harid Puentes, Louis Rodolico, James P Rudolph (newly announced)
- San Diego Community College Board District D (Friendly Incumbent): Mary Graham
- San Diego City Council District 7 – Raul Campillo, Wendy Wheatcroft
The following candidates did not respond or return their questionnaires, so will not be considered for endorsement:
- Monty McIntyre – City Council D7
- Sharon Larios – City Council D7
- Kevin Beiser – City Council D7
- David Greco – City Council D7 withdrew his candidacy
Proposed Endorsements for November
- San Diego City Council District 3 – Toni Duran, Adrian Kwiatkowski, Chris Olsen, Stephen Whitburn
- San Diego City Council District 5 – Marni Von Wilpert, Isaac Wang, Gary Westerburg,
- Chula Vista City Council D4 – Andrea Cardenas, Delfina Gonzales, Rudy Ramirez
- Treasurer, Rosamond Blevins
- Secretary, Cathie Hyatt
- Social Committee Chair, Kate Bishop
Taking a short break from politics, the Woman’s Club will join the Moxie Theatre for HANDBAGGED on Friday November 8th.
Call the Box Office 858-598-7620 to buy tickets, to make sure they come out of the reserved block of tickets and that they have the correct discount. When you call, please indicate that you are purchasing tickets with the Democratic Woman’s Club. The Box Office is open Mon-Thurs from 9am-1pm.
Reserved for our group are 20 tickets for Friday, November 8th. (We encourage members who are MOXIE subscribers, to change their tickets to 11/8.) The prices will be Adult $25.75 and Senior/Student/Military $22.50. This includes a 35% discount per ticket.
It was a hit in London’s West End, and won the Olivier Award for Best New Comedy. It crossed the ocean and received rave reviews in DC and NYC. Now it’s making its West Coast Premiere in San Diego. Moira Buffini (playwright and screenwriter of hit HULU series Harlots) has crafted an extraordinary theatrical experience with her new play Handbagged, playing Oct 19 – Nov 17 at MOXIE Theatre.
Nobody knows what happened behind palace doors during the eleven years of weekly meetings between Queen Elizabeth II and the U.K.’s first female Prime Minister, Margaret Thatcher (a.k.a The Iron Lady.) In this incredible premiere, four of San Diego’s most sought after performers take the stage as the two British icons, as the audience is taken on a wild ride from 1979-1990 with a cast of characters that includes everyone from palace footmen to Ronald and Nancy Regan.
Please let Moxie staff member Jessamyn know if you have any questions.
We meet at Elijah’s Restaurant, 7061 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, San Diego, CA 92111
MTS routes 44 and 60.
If you need a ride home afterwards, contact us beforehand so we can arrange carpools.
Come early and socialize with club members and officers. Officers are there by 6PM and available to talk and answer questions.
Order dinner or a drink to sustain you, and the restaurant!