New Meeting Start Time
We are moving the meeting time to start promptly at 6:30 PM.
Social time will be from 6:00PM to 6:30PM.
Because our agenda is completely full, we will not be able to give candidates (not on the agenda) time at the beginning of the meeting, as we usually do, to address our members but we may have time at the end of the meeting. We encourage candidates to come to the Social Time so that they may talk directly to club members before the meeting starts.
Chaired by Yvonne Elkin, Endorsement Committee Chair
We will attempt to endorse in the following races:
- Congressional District 51 – Aeiramique Glass Blake, Juan Vargas
- Congressional District 53 – Jose Caballero, Susan Davis, Joaquin Vazquez
- Assembly District 77 – Brian Maienschein
- Assembly District 79 – Dr. Shirley Weber (friendly endorsement)
- Assembly District 78 – Sarah Davis, Micah Perlin, Chris Ward
- Vice Presidents, Ramla Sahid and Dr Becca Fielding-Miller
- Treasurer, Rosamond Blevins
- Secretary, Cathy Hyatt
- Social Committee Chair, Kate Bishop: Dem night at the Moxie Theater, Friday, September 13, 8PM. See “Dance Nation” with your friends at the Dem Woman’s Club. Kate is working on this production and has reserved a block of tickets for us at 30% ($23 instead of $35) off but they must be purchased by this Friday, September 6, for the night of Friday, September 13. Call the Moxie Box office 858-598-7620 and tell them you’re with the Democratic Woman’s Club. Please post on the Facebook site that you are coming. Hurry — when these 20 tickets are gone, they are gone!
- President’s Report, Susan Peinado
- Get your MOXIE tickets today!
We meet at Elijah’s Restaurant, 7061 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, San Diego, CA 92111
MTS routes 44 and 60.
If you need a ride home afterwards, contact us beforehand so we can arrange carpools.
Come early and socialize with club members and officers. Officers are there by 6PM and available to talk and answer questions.
Order dinner or a drink to sustain you, and the restaurant!