7:00pm Meeting called to order and President’s welcome
7:02pm Approval of agenda
- Tasha Borener Hoverath, Assembly District 76
- Brian Pease, City Council District 2
- Matt Valenti, City Council District 6
- Tommy Hough, City Council District 6
- Sara Jacobs, Congressional District 49
- Monica Montgomery, City Council District 4
- Michelle Castle-Gomez, Assembly District 76
- James Elia, Assembly District 71
- Fayaz Nawabi, City Council District 6
- Lori Saldaña, County Board of Supervisors District 4
- Dominic Nguyen for Dave Myers, Sherriff
- Codi Vierra for Doug Applegate, Congressional District 49
- Melissa Padilla for Omar Passons, County Board of Supervisors District 4
7:28pm Angela de Joseph: Proposed joint project between Indivisible Watu and DWC
January 20th Women’s Breakfast to celebrate and encourage women candidates, particularly women of color and young women. Members vote unanimously to contribute $500 to the event.
7:36pm Emiliana Sparaco, SEIU 221 – update on actions to Flip the 49th
7:53pm Dr. Donna Arnold-Dudley, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority
Introduction and description of the private non-profit organization founded in 1913.
7:57pm Endorsements, Dr. Doreen Mattingly
77th Assembly District – Sunday Gover
Unanimously endorsed with a show of hands
50th Congressional District – Pete Beauregard, Josh Butner, Ammar Campa-Najjar
Movement to endorse passes with a unanimous voice vote
Movement to endorse with a written ballot passes with a unanimous voice vote
With > 60% of the votes, DWC endorses Ammar Campa-Najjar for 50th Congressional District
8:37pm Officer reports
Tell Ruth Rollins if you are interested in running for office with the DWC. We’re looking for a Treasurer and possible Secretary. We’ll be adding a second Vice President position so there will be an internal and external VP.
Adding a second VP will require a bylaw change. Stay tuned.
We are solvent and doing well.
Holiday party on December 16th. Committee volunteers – Michelle Johnson, Alyce Pepkin Allen, John Loughlin, Susan Peinado
Male ally workshop committee volunteers – Samm Hurst & Michelle Johnson
9:00pm Meeting Adjourns
- Susan Peinado, President
- Christa Wubbolding, Treasurer
- Rebecca Fielding-Miller, Secretary
Notes: Rebecca Fielding-Miller
Photos: John Loughlin