We are pleased to announce the Democratic Woman’s Club of San Diego County and Standing Up For Women have teamed up for this month’s meeting. Both our groups seek to advocate and educate the public on issues unique to women, and both groups seek action, influence and impact on our communities at the local, state and Federal level. We hope you join us!
The Democratic Woman’s Club of San Diego County has a small starting membership; however, all current SUFW members are invited to attend the meeting at no charge. We hope you join the club, because if we can mobilize our groups toward a common goal, we’ll have a greater impact. But please feel free to dip your toes in, get your feet wet and feel out this trial collaboration. Have an open mind, because I feel we can be one of the largest influential women’s group in San Diego County.
- 6:30pm-7:00pm (30 min) – Socializing
- 7:00pm-7:30pm (30 min) – Candidates and elected officials who are present will be given 2 minutes each to introduce themselves, along with a longer introduction for Elizabeth Warren and Michelle Cassel Gomez both candidates for AD76, and Senator Toni Atkins’ representative, Doug Case
- 7:30pm-8:00pm (30 min) – SUFW Education Series and Q&A
- 8:00pm-8:15pm (15 min) – Announcements, updates, resolutions – from Club members and SUFW members. We’ll be considering resolutions (noticed previously in March) to support legislation recently introduced by Asssemblymember Lorena Gonzalez Fletcher who spoke to the club recently. AB 568, AB 569, & AB 570 will strengthen legal protections for women in the workplace, you can read more about the bills here.
- 8:15pm-8:30pm (15 min) – SUFW committee announcement/organizing/sign-ups
Learn more about our new partners:
Please tag yourselves and share!
#action #meeting #dwcsd
Monday April 17 – Social Time from 6:30pm, Meeting starts at 7pm
Members are encouraged to get together from 6:30pm before the meeting starts.
Please bring whatever light drinks/snacks that you’d like to share.
We meet at the Partnership for the Advancement of New Americans – PANA
4089 Fairmount Ave, San Diego, CA 92105 (map)
The building is on the south-east corner of Polk and Fairmount, just north of University. Parking is also available at the adjoining Southern Sudanese and East African Community Centers on Fairmount Ave. Bus routes 7 and 13.
Call or email (619) 900-4751 firstname.lastname@example.org